The Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co. KG, whose headquarters are in Leer, was founded in 1984 by Captain Roelf Briese (Naval Architect). Driven by continual growth our shore office staff now totals over 225 highly qualified employees from Germany and other countries who ensure that the tasks in hand run smoothly.
Additionally, over 2,000 employees from various countries handle transportation tasks world wide on board our vessels. Our reputation has grown through years of experience and best-of-breed know-how in the field of fully integrated maritime operations.
- Project cargoes of all shapes and sizes (including heavy, dangerous and military loads, and even yachts) which require the use of specially designed multi-purpose vessels with heavy-lift derricks (load capacity of up to 700 t), ice class (1A, E3), ISM and DIN EN ISO 9002 classification (Germanischer Lloyd) and much more.
- Bulk cargoes of various types
- Containers (of all dimensions)
- Design and creation of intermodal logistic models, including project implementation
- Design and construction of ships and floating equipment in cooperation with shipbuilding yards and external Partners
- Single source
Our global network of subsidiaries, partners, agents, etc. allows us to provide wide variety of complex transportation solutions. And this means single source transactions for our customers.
- Flexibility and versatility
Due to the size of our fleet (more than 130 sea-going vessels on global missions), the variety of vessel types, the size and equipment of our vessels, etc., we can cater for a complete range of market requirements.
- High quality standards
High safety standards, state-of-the-art equipment, qualified and well-trained crews, and the low average age of our vessels (< 5 years) are the building blocks of our success.