Our management combines maritime technology skills with maritime economics know-how.
Our own chartering department and close cooperation with charterers within the Briese-Group ensures the best possible synergy effect.
The shore crew at our head office in Leer, Germany, handles the daily concerns of our sea going vessels, including:
- analysis of marine traffic markets, followed by construction and drafting of, as well as project planning for freight vessels by Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co. KG engineers
- drafting of fully-integrated logistics models for global consignors
- scheduling and resource planning, cargo acquisition, chartering and chartering out of vessels, negotiation of charter contracts, optimization of transport workflows
- auditing and implementation of national and international maritime regulations
- purchasing and selling of sea going vessels from and to domestic and international shipping companies
- technical and nautical maintenance and implementation of operational readiness for vessels
- certification of vessels
- technical management for domestic and international shipping companies
- Repair and inspection of sea going vessels in German and international ports
- Ships' supplies of all kinds
- Crewing by our own crewing department, including crewing for non-domestic companies
- Building supervision for newbuildings in Germany and abroad
- Vessel transfer
- Registration of sea going vessels under domestic and international flags
- Acquisition of limited liability capital
- Scheduling of dock time for vessels (inspectors ascertain available shipyard capacity along envisaged routes in cooperation with charterer [or immediate availability in case of damage], draft bid tenders, select a shipyard, organize repairs/other work, commission service engineers, supervise dock time on site, inspect/check performance on site and completion dates, inspect/check work on shipyard as well as final invoice, and draft corresponding documentation at head Office)
In 2000, Briese was certified to DIN EN ISO 9002 (current standard ISO EN 9001:2000) and ISM Code by "Germanischer Lloyd". This helps us comply with stringent quality requirements in marine shipping, and to optimize our organizational structure by introducing an internal auditing system. All vessels managed by Briese are certified to ISM Code by "Germanischer Lloyd". These standards are continually audited by external institutions, and by our own staff.